Re: SUSE 10.1 IS FULL OF BUGS******************************************

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 15:51:47 -0400, flatfish+++ wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 19:57:40 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Borught to you by: http://tinyurl.com/fhu3a
>
> Haha!
>
> That's what I love about comp.os.linux.advocacy. You can say anything and
> as long as the COLA gang backs you up, proof is a moot point.

Bullshit.

> Who needs proof?
>
> I notice Roy, you were unable to offer a counter argument to the many
> problems that Suse has.
> Of course we wouldn't want to discuss that now would we?

Discussion in one thing, but that's not what you're aiming to do. All you
want to do is whine about how bad SUSE 10.1 is, when you don't even use it.

> Air the dirty little secrets of a defective distribution?

What's secret about it, you dickhead? Nothing. Not one single thing.

> Nahh..
>
> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, that would be heresy.

This is not a church, flats.

> Now let's take a closer look::::
>
> http://szornes4.blogspot.com

No, let's not.

<snip unnecessary repeat of content>

There was zero need for you to post the entire contents of that link, we
can read it from teh link if we want to.

> HOLY MACKEREL  !!!!!!
>
> Now if THAT isn't a screwed up distribution then what is?????

A distribution with some problems which are being addressed. But then you
know that perfectly well. SO why are you banging on about it? Let me
guess.... you're trolling again. Big surprise.

This blog contains an unnecessarily sneering tone, but it at least also
contains useful information. If the author had any sense he would rewrite
it as a proper How-To, and post it to a SUSE forum where it would be of
use.

All the gibes about missing codecs and such are wasted space - anyone who
uses SUSE knows they steer clear of licencing difficulties by not
including a number of things in the distro related to multimedia. They're
a large commercial enterprise, they can't afford to take chances. It's
perfectly possible to add these missing elements, as the blogger describes.

> Oh and BTW PCLinuxos works right out of the box after you get libdvdcss or
> whatever it's called and that is right on the texstar suppositories.

Fine and dandy. Nice distro. Don't use it myself. I've just installed
Fedora Core 5 on my old FrankenPC, and it's working very nicely, thanks.
Now thinking of putting the latest version of SimplyMEPIS on this new
machine of mine, or maybe Ubuntu. I might even give SUSE a chance.

> Suse?
>
> A total train wreck!!

No, just a distro.

> We can only hope that 10.2 will be better, and I'm sure it will.

Then what the fuck are you whining about?

> After all, how much WORSE could it get compared to 10.1????????

Why should it matter to you? You're happy with PCLinuxOS, aren't you?

> You may now continue with your spamming of comp.os.linux.advocacy Roy
> Schestowich.

He's not a spammer. I don't care how many times you say he is, or how many
of your little chums back you up - he's not a spammer. His posts, however
annoying they may be to you, are Linux advocacy. Don't like it, killfile
'em.

And weren't you supposed to have the mythical 'COLA gang' scored way down?
Guess you forgot that.

(stupid cross-posting removed)

--
Kier