Re: [News] Register Letters on a Stupid Operating System (Windows)

__/ [ Oliver Wong ] on Thursday 24 August 2006 19:24 \__

>> You know, Microsoft never took those twelve tenets seriously. But it
>> doesn't
>> surprise me. One of the tenets (or headings) had to do with giving way to
>> competition. As Vista proves with its reluctance to read and accept the
>> MBR
>> (Linux partitions), Microsoft is as aggressive as ever. It literally
>> destroys the competition whenever it gets the chance.
>
>     Perhaps we should create a site which lists Microsoft's twelve tenets,
> and then lists violations for each of them, as an open letter to Microsoft
> to address these issues, and to raise awareness of issues to the community.

If only Microsoft had years... or read its mail... or did not automatically
purge it within 6 months. Trust me, there's not much one ought to do to
prove that Microsoft is unethical. It is, after all, an already-convicted
monopolist.

Best wishes,

Roy

PS - Groklaw retains many such lists, which include backing in the form of
links and documents.

--
Linux is like a girlfriend; try to stick to one distribution for a lifetime
Mem:    514480k total,   467048k used,    47432k free,    24124k buffers