Re: Frustrated Wanna-be Linux Guy, Need General Advice

__/ [ Linonut ] on Thursday 24 August 2006 18:10 \__

> After takin' a swig o' grog, flatfish+++ belched out this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 14:28:16 +0200, Hadron Quark wrote:
>>
>> As for Roy supporting hackers, it makes total sense. After all he doesn't
>> believe in paying for the use of others work so why not.
>
> Both of you are misusing the word "hacker".  In its barest sense, it
> means someone who wants to figure out how something works.  Even if
> someone else doesn't want him to figure it out.  There are other words
> for those who want to go further with it, and cheat people.
>
>> Roy is a crazy die-hard Linux fanatic and while I admire his dedication to
>> his cause, the level of obsession and weirdness emanating from Roy in
>> recent weeks has been rising steadily.
>
> I don't know about that.  However, Roy may wish to slow down and think a
> bit, before posting.
>
> We all get too excited sometimes, and shoot off our mouths.

I didn't read the post. And before Nessuno replied, I suspected it was a bait
from a Windows troll. Same case with that DreamWeaver post. I didn't read
the post beyond the heading, so didn't realise there was a crack involved.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: mint and self-contained 'out of the box'
  6:05pm  up 35 days  6:20,  8 users,  load average: 0.80, 0.66, 0.61