Re: Frustrated Wanna-be Linux Guy, Need General Advice

  • Subject: Re: Frustrated Wanna-be Linux Guy, Need General Advice
  • From: Hadron Quark <hadronquark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 17:01:22 +0200
  • Cancel-lock: sha1:gwA1qfNkIN4yu6I3wixx3elVrMI=
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
flatfish+++ <flatfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 14:28:16 +0200, Hadron Quark wrote:
>
>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>
>>> __/ [ Mark Conrad ] on Thursday 24 August 2006 04:03 \__

>>> Mark,
>>>
>>> As you have witnesses, this group is filled with disruptive posters whose
>>> intent is to sabotage Linux. As Nessuno suggested, post the same question to
>>> a technical group where the 'noise' levels are lower. For what it's worth, a
>>> friend of mine who is your age (and hasn't much experience in computing)
>>> switched from Windows to Ubuntu Linux two days ago. It's simpler than ever
>>> nowdays. And it's rewarding.
>>
>> You didnt detect a rat for a change? That none of what he said made
>> sense? That he was effectively asking for a way to hex edit an internal
>> drive having booted from an external plug in drive? Are you supporting
>> hackers now?
>

> Is *that* what he was trying to do?
> I read it 3 times and quite honestly it gave me a headache.

Well, I assume so because it read like it had been written with innocence
of nessuno, the optimism of Roy and the technical nounce of rex when
talking about modern FPS games engines. In other words a bit confusing
to say the least. What grandads turn on is in hex editing remote disks
is beyond me since hex editors are two a penny.

> As for Roy supporting hackers, it makes total sense. After all he doesn't
> believe in paying for the use of others work so why not.
> Roy is a crazy die-hard Linux fanatic and while I admire his dedication to
> his cause, the level of obsession and weirdness emanating from Roy in
> recent weeks has been rising steadily.

Worse news which you may have missed : since being asked nicely to
desist from spamming the group with up to 300 "news posts" a day (easily
available elsewhere) and to post a digest, Roy's fan club (two of them)
have jumped to his defence and, wait for it, started posting news
articles too!!! nessuno hasnt even the decency to prefix the posts with
a [news] tag to eneble us to selectively filer this repeated tripe which
is freely available at online Linux sites.