Re: [News] NHS Chooses Prorietary Solutions, Gets Criticised

__/ [ Peter Hayes ] on Tuesday 22 August 2006 11:54 \__

>> Review criticises software for NPfIT
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Troubles at software supplier iSoft are set to further delay
>> | the implementation of components of England's NHS National Programme
>> | for IT (NPfIT).
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/08/22/npfit_software_criticism/
>>
>> It would be safe to assume that it's Windows-oriented.
>>
>> http://toolbar.netcraft.com/site_report?url=http://www.isoftplc.com
>>
>> They should just use some of the tens of thousands of freely-available
>> Open Source projects instead of (mis)using taxpayers' money.
>
> Don't forget that Tony Bliar.. err... Blair is Bill Gates' busom buddy
> pal, even to the extent of knighting him, and you find this surprising?

Here's another one...

        NHS IT 'secrets' exposed

        A National Audit Office PDF cock-up

,----[ Quote ]
| Amongst the details were the 'estimated costs' for each part of the
| NHS Connecting for Health programme. It also said that EDS's contract to
| provide an NHS-wide email system would have cost £212m if it had not
| been cancelled. It also said that BT was 'fined' £11.6 million for
| under-performance.

I've glimpsed at all the pages in that PDF and could only find many photos
with Windows on the desk/laptop.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "How do I set my laser printer on stun?"
Swap:  1036184k total,   468628k used,   567556k free,    77500k cached