Re: AOL executive leaves after breach

  • Subject: Re: AOL executive leaves after breach
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 15:38:01 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [ John Bokma ] on Tuesday 22 August 2006 01:26 \__

> Paul <lamewolf2004[REMOVE]@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Ms Govern oversaw the division responsible for inadvertently releasing
>> the search data, published on its research site.
>
> Ah, the scapegoat got pushed over the cliff...

Also see:

AOL Active Virus Shield Permits Adware

,----[ Quote ]
|  comes with the free Kaspersky AV technology. By all reports the
|  application itself could not be found to serve adware (testing done by
|  external parties). But that is not what this article is about. It is
|  the end user license agreement (EULA) which has raised some eyebrows.
|  We find it treading adware territory, and here is why as we show via
|  the interesting portions from the EULA...
`----

http://www.castlecops.com/a6636-AOL_Active_Virus_Shield_Permits_Adware.html

Or this

http://www.concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060818/REPOSITORY/608180341/1013/48HOURS

        AOL wants to dig for spammer's gold
        Man may have buried profit at parents' home

That company is in bad shape and it sppears to scrape the bottom of the
barrel. But it also pays part of my wage, so...

Best wishes,

Programmer: a device to convert coffee beans into code (Paul Erdos slant)
roy      pts/7                         Tue Aug 22 05:39 - 05:43  (00:04)