Re: Locking down Linux vs Switching to Linux

  • Subject: Re: Locking down Linux vs Switching to Linux
  • From: "Rex Ballard" <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 22 Aug 2006 04:29:32 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> __/ [ Rex Ballard ] on Tuesday 22 August 2006 02:59 \__
>
> > hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >> On Fri, 18 Aug 2006, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> >> Bill gates held a press conference ?last year? offering to fix e-mail.
> >> IIRC his solution was for all e-mail to be validated by, presumably,
> >> microsoft ;)
> >
> > Yes, and he (oops, I mean billwg) described exactly how to do it.
> >
> > Apply every patch from Microsoft the instant it arrives.
> > Don't open any attachements (even from people you trust).
> > Don't preview any e-mails from anyone who is not in your address book.
> > Destroy all e-mails prom people who are not in your address book.
> >
> > No wonder he doesn't get any complaints about Windows ;-)
> >
> > :-D
>
> Gates also promised that SPAM would vanish within 24 months. That was well
> over 2 years ago. Now he runs away from the problems (retirement) as it all
> exacerbates. A(n electronic) friend of mine receives millions of SPAM per
> month. I am approaching a thousand a day myself and it is costing me, as
> well as everybody else who pays for Internet service. And Vista is
> potentially less secure than SP2, whose code is more established.

And we'll all go to heaven, when the next release comes out.

http://www.open4success.org/public_html/Linux/song.html

I need to add some new verses.

Billy said we've got this new one, Long Horn.
Every Linux feature he could pull,
He knew this new release, was just a bunch of bull.
They cut a feature there,They cut a feature here.
Soon, before you knew it, this Longhorn, was a steer.

In Tivo  and in Routers, Linux was everywhere.
But when it ran the desktops, Gates side "get it out of there".
Longhorn renamed to Vista, a featureless montage
But Just like all the other times, Vista was a big mirage.

But we'll all, go to heaven,
when the next release comes out.
And we'll all, go to heaven,
when the next release comes out.

With Turion and Duo, and AMD-64
Linux started racking up, a massive desktop score.
Mac with OS/X had joined, and racked up even more.
All these Unix/Linux desktops, were making Billy Sore.

Billy started getting angry, he said with an angry pout.
Damn the courts and orders, we'll lock these upstarts out.
And yet the 'nix kept coming in, and aftermarket hit.
Billy got so very angery, he shouted out "I Quit!".

And we'll all go to heaven
when the next release comes out.
And we'll all go to heaven
When -- the -- NEXT -- RELEASE -- comes OUT!!
A--MEN!