Re: If PCs were toasters...

__/ [ Jim ] on Monday 21 August 2006 17:41 \__

> Take your Linux bread. Oh dear, it's too big to fit in the slot. What do
> you do?
> You cut off the crusts so the slices fit in the slots.
>
> Take your Microsoft Bread[TM]. Oh dear, that's too big for the slots. What
> do you do?
> Well, you're boned. The license that comes with the bread doesn't allow you
> to reverse engineer the bread (even only going so far as to cut off the
> crusts - which would cause the rest of the slice to disintegrate anyway).
> So, you have to buy a bigger toaster...

I'd advise against that. *smile*

I hear that the large toasters are more difficult to clean. And they attract
bacteria, viruses, and worms. In due time, you need to throw the bread away
and buy it afresh. The shop will give no refunds, either. And the large
toaster will cease to work unless you plug an antenna to it.