Re: Why the criticism of Roy's [News] articles?

  • Subject: Re: Why the criticism of Roy's [News] articles?
  • From: William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 12:38:17 +0100
  • Jlaforums: I am NOT a "Guest", I am BANNED from JLAforums but they STILL archive my USENET posts!
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
This message was posted on Usenet, NOT JLAforums, & on  Sun, 20 Aug 2006
01:18:35 +0200, Roy Culley wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz's [News] posts have really rattled the COLA wintrolls. The
> personal attacks against him have proved that.
>
> One argument used by some of the trolls is that so few of his posts
> generate followups and hence nobody appreciates his articles to COLA.
>
> Roy isn't the first person to post links to [News] articles. He just does
> it more than anyone before him. His [News] articles are a breath of fresh
> air and have transformed COLA over the past few months.
>
> Almost single handedly Roy has increased the S/N ratio in COLA.
>
> Roy isn't the first person to post links to pro-Linux / anti-MS [News]
> articles. One of his predecessors once mentioned why doesn't his articles
> generate responses. He received many responses telling him how much his
> posts were appreciated.
>
> Roy doesn't need feedback but he gets it anyway (I really appreciate your
> [News] posts Roy). How many of those who complain about Roy's [News] posts
> call their local TV/Radio station about news articles? How many send
> messages to news websites they read?
>
> Roy is providing a news service for those of us too lazy / have too little
> time to subscribe to the multitude of resources available. Keep up the
> good work Roy, it is most appreciated by me.

And me also. I would far sooner read RS's news posts than the rambling,
rantings & ravings of teh idiot wintrolls...which is why they're in the
bin, along with posters who *persistently* reply to them.

--
I used to like a good joke.
What happened?