Re: [News] Serious Vista Bugs Begin to Emerge

Roy Culley wrote:
begin  risky.vbs
	<3614087.sR0KFjdMOu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
	Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Windows Vista's Hideous Wakeup Support

,----[ Quote ]

snip]

http://neosmart.net/blog/archives/299

If vista has the amount of new code MS says it has then it will be full of bugs. Several tens of millions of lines of new code in, if you believe Funkenbusch, a couple of years. On top of that MS hasn't even fixed the insecure by design utter weakness of Windows.

Also today:

TI won't rush into Microsoft Vista readily

,----[ Quote ]

[snip]

Where I work, they only moved to XP 'pro' just over a year ago. Last major desktop Windows 'upgrade' was to nt4 in 2000. There is no way they will be touching Vista for 2 or 3 years. At that time I hope / expect Windows will be regarded as the sad joke it is.

Yeah, Vista wasn't really looking that great in terms of actual substance. It simply didn't function well at all. What a waste. This is like version .001 of Vista, it's so crude.