Re: [News] Review of the Next K/Ubuntu (April 2007)

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 12:23:46 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> __/ [ Gordon ] on Sunday 10 December 2006 12:08 \__
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> Feisty First Look
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.tuxmagazine.com/node/1000246
>>
>> I think they need to sort out some of the flakiness in Edgey first
>> before emarking on the next alpha.....
>
> Ubuntu is a fast-going distro, I agree. It's like Fedora in a sense. If
> you want something more reliable and less cutting edge, CentOS or Debian
> Sarge would be perfect.

Well Kubuntu 6.10 64bitPC is running like a charm on this machine, rock
steady! :-)
I installed Ubuntu 6.10 on another machine, but it didn't seem to like the
video card very much.....so I decided to try Fedora Core 6 (64bit) & I've
just installed it on there, & that's running fine..... That's the great
thing about GNU/linux, if you're not happy with one distro, you can change
it. :-)

--
When I hear of a long time smoker dying of lung cancer
I think "That's too bad, but they made their choices".