Re: LONG [News Digest] Linux News Digest for the 24hrs preceeding 10-12-06

  • Subject: Re: LONG [News Digest] Linux News Digest for the 24hrs preceeding 10-12-06
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 14:38:33 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ cc ] on Sunday 10 December 2006 14:11 \__

> Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322;
> .NET CLR 2.0.50727),gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe) Complaints-To:

What are you doing here anyway?

> Robert Newson wrote:
>> Mark Kent wrote:
>> Instead of warning in the subject line about the length of the post, could
>> you not put a message about the news digest and then reply to it with the
>> long message.  Even though you warn in the subject, I have yet to find a
>> way for my newsreader to avoid reading the message if I fail to manually
>> spot it.
>>
>> By posting a warning and then the message as a reply to it, they would be
>> threaded on my newsreader and I could kill the thread before wasting the
>> time downloading the ~2000 lines.
>
> Or he could not post it at all. Since Roy has taken to lying in the
> subjects of his [News] posts now, I don't really think it's appropriate
> to post all the articles again, without any replies showing the ones
> which are dishonest.

Are they truly dishonest? Or is it simply the case that one among many
messages that I post accidently contains an error? Just because you don't
like the subject lines does not /necessarily/ make them erroneous. It is a
Linux advocacy newsgroup. It's not your daily news, whose purpose is to
present both sides no matter which one is rightful and which side's argument
isn't even worth attention. Even newspapers, I might add, are inclined to
please their funding sources, so there's a hidden agenda and bias.

Best wishes,

                        ~~ Kind greetings and happy holidays!

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "How do I set my laser printer on stun?"