Re: Microsoft Anti-Linux FUD Raised a Notch, Invades Slashdot

begin  risky.vbs
	<1165723277.152523.130010@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
	"peterwn" <peterwn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Slashdot promotes windows!
>> Other colleagues in the area
>> | also have noticed this about 3 Microsoft Partners or so they
>> | claim have been going out of their way to strike fear of OSS in
>> | companies that respond with 'yes we use Open source or Linux'
>> | when the sales call comes in.
>
> It seems that shrewd IT managers do not admit that they are running
> Linux, especially those running back room Linux servers etc in an
> obstensibly Windows environment.

This is so out of date. Before the codered / melissa / iloveyou / ...
debacle the CEO where I worked said no OSS should be used because of
some ignorant article in some journal saying that using OSS was too
risky.

When it was pointed out that the companies web servers, dns, email,
etc all relied on this 'risky' OSS SW 'exceptions' were allowed.

The situation today is the complete opposite. The current CEO has
stated that OSS must, yes MUST, be used when there is a viable OSS
alternative.

The Unix group have more Linux servers now than SunOS and HP-UX. Sun
has been the big loser here because management are very pro HP. The
superdomes thrive but Sun systems are being replaced at an amazing
pace. Of course, these systems are business critical and Windows has
never had a look in.

--
I've asked time and time again for people to prove that I primarily spout
FUD. - Funkenbusch, Sat, 2 Dec 2006