Re: [News] (Yes Another) Zero-day Exploit in Microsoft Windows Media Player

On 2006-12-08, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted something concerning:
> Zero day flaw reported in Windows Media Player
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Right after the zero day exploit for Word was announced. We have this
>| from eEye Digital security
> `----
>
> http://www.intelliadmin.com/blog/2006/12/zero-day-flaw-reported-in-windows.html
>
> Unpatched, already exploited. No word from Microsoft as yet, I suspect.

http://research.eeye.com/html/alerts/zeroday/20061122.html

   Date Disclosed:
   11/22/2006

   Expected Patch Release:
   Unknown

   Protection:
   eEye's Blink® Personal Edition protects from this vulnerability.
   eEye's Blink® Professional Edition protects from this vulnerability.
   eEye's Retina® Network Security Scanner scans devices to detect for
   this vulnerability.

Not a peep from M$ after 2.5 weeks. Check back in another 90 days to
see if they finally announce they're "studying" the thing to see if
there's anything to it.

--
A fool and his money are soon using Windows.