[News] OSDL's Mission was Accomplished

Mission Accomplished: Do We Need the New OSDL?

,----[ Quote ]
| The OSDL's initial mandate -- "To accelerate the deployment of
| Linux for enterprise computing..." -- created a situation where
| their success would invalidate their mission. That situation
| has come to pass and we now find the OSDL in the position not
| of creating something new but rather reacting to what currently
| amounts to legal boogeymen.
`----

http://www.linux-mag.com/content/view/2830/

In a previous statement it was said that the move was motivated by
"Unprecedented market validation" (for Linux). OSDL is not a company per se,
so you can't talk of staff cuts. OSDL is more of a panel serving a purpose.
Evidently, Linux is accepted in the enterprise. Most of OSDL no longer
serves a purpose because /industry/ will accelerate Linux, /without/ funded
intervention. The tipping point is /well/ behind us.