Re: [News] Microsoft's Instant Messenger Still Does Not Interoperate

  • Subject: Re: [News] Microsoft's Instant Messenger Still Does Not Interoperate
  • From: The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 16:47:34 -0800
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Peter Köhlmann
<peter.koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Fri, 08 Dec 2006 01:26:06 +0100
<elabd2$80c$00$2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 19:29:09 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> Is Microsoft Missing the IM Interoperability Boat?
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>

> http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/is_microsoft_missing_the_im_interop_boat.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535
>>>
>>> Still seeking a monopoly (platform- and network-wise) that's sustainable
>>> by offering no choice...
>>
>> Wrong.
>>
>> MSN Messenger and Yahoo IM both interoperate with each others networks.
>
> What an achievement
>
> Are we expected to cheer now?

Obviously.  After all, MSN is the better solution.

For Microsoft.

:-)

One hopes that Yahoo and GAIM can reach an understanding.
I'm frankly not sure what the problem is, since RFC1459
has been around for awhile -- although most likely Yahoo
has extended it.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Murphy was an optimist.