[News] Important Debate Revived: "Open Source" vs. "Free Software"

Clearly, too many companies have corrupted the term in order to gain cheap
advatage.

Facts and Friction on Open Source and Free Software

,----[ Quote ]
| As for me, I would argue that in the spirit of those scientific
| ideals, having freedom as a prime goal as FSF does, would be the
| best thing to support. This is exactly what produced the "Open
| Source" method Linus loves so much.
`----

http://www.libervis.com/facts_and_friction_on_open_source_and_free_software

Also today:

Salesforce.com brought to Free Open Source software...

Salesforce.com coming soon to Joomla - J!Salesforce

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.picnet.net/blog/2006/12/06/salesforcecom-coming-soon-to-joomla-jsalesforce/