Re: [News] PlayStation 3 Linux Support Augmented by Sony

__/ [ Roy Schestowitz ] on Thursday 07 December 2006 13:13 \__

> PlayStation 3 support now standard in Linux 2.4
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Sony-contributed patches aimed at adding machine-specific features
> | for the PlayStation 3 (PS3) have been merged into the stable 2.4.20
> | kernel tree. The patches should greatly simplify maintaining Linux
> | kernels for the PS3, which is already supported under Linux by at
> | least one distribution.
> `----

Kernel patches from Sony also reach the 2.6 kernel:

http://git.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=f58a9d171a346afb1b09190427e6c28c6118703e

I think that Microsoft made a mistake by competing with Sony. Linux has just
earned a new super-wealthy friend. They use Linux in other products too,
e.g. the Mylo.