Microsoft: 1M Zunes to be sold by June [Was: [News] After the High Investment and Hype, Zune Sinks]

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
Microsoft's Zunetanic Sinking Fast

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft, the world's largest software maker, is spending
| hundreds of millions of dollars on Zune to make a dent in Apple's
| dominance in the portable media market. Microsoft now trails behind
| Apple, SanDisk, Creative and Memorex.
`----

http://www.podcastingnews.com/2006/12/04/microsofts-zunetanic-sinking-fast/

Related (today):

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061206/ap_on_hi_te/microsoft_zune_2

`[MS] expects to sell 1 million of its new Zune music players through the first half of 2007. That figure would pale in comparison to Apple's market-leading iPod, but..."We think that's actually pretty awesome," said Bryan Lee, corporate vice president for Microsoft's entertainment group."'

spin, spin, spin.