Re: [News] Microsoft Creative Commons Violation

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Handling of Microsoft's copyleft violation
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | A member of the Microsoft packaged software team lifting one of my
> | images is definitely a case where the infringing party should have
> | known better, as the company routinely takes action to protect its
> | own IP.
> `----

http://www.niallkennedy.com/blog/archives/2006/12/microsoft-copyright-photograph.html

It is hard to say that a picture placed on a public blog on in a public
photo album can be copyright. The very act of viewing the web page has
broken the copyright because a copy of the picture now exists on your
computer through no fault of your own.

This was only a blog where MS used it, I thought part of blogging was meant
to be millions of links to other blogs making it impossible to follow a
story.

I hate blogs and anyone using them deserves what they get. I might just hate
blogs because when I had a go I couldn't think of anything at all that I
wanted to say that people would be interested in, mind, that hasn't stopped
everyone else writing them.