[News] Ubuntu Linux - Children Under 10 Handle It Well

Edubuntu - A real life experiment - Linux and a 9 year old

,----[ Quote ]
| With a Dell Celeron, 256MB Ram and basic integrated graphics, Dawn and
| I struggled with what to do for Andy'y computer. After deciding Vista
| was not an option, and that it just wasn't a good investment to throw
| $100 worth of ram into a $250 computer, we decided to look to Linux.
| Dawn and I have both been playing with Linux quite a bit lately, so
| we felt comfortable giving it a go.
|
| [...]
|
| The One Laptop Per Child initiative is great for the 3rd world
| countries. Let's see what it would take to turn all of our older
| desktops into great educational computing environments for children
| here at home.
`----

http://www.philoking.com/2006/12/04/edubuntu-a-real-life-experiment-linux-and-a-9-year-old/

Little Andy may never acquire anti-virus, Registry and defrag skills. He may
never discover what a trusted Web site and safe E-mail are.

Related:

Beryl + AIGLX - 2 Year old using Beryl as proof of how simple it is!

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://youtubelinux.blogspot.com/2006/11/beryl-aiglx-2-year-old-using-beryl-as.html