Re: [News] Anti-Virus Software Does Not Alwayd Work

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Symantec customers stranded by renewals glitch
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Symantec's integration with Veritas in the UK has run into computer
> | problems, leaving many Symantec customers unable to renew their
> | corporate anti-virus licenses and large numbers of computers
> | unprotected.
> `----
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/12/04/symantec_glitch/
>
> Who need anti-virus licenses to be protected anyway? How much is that
> going to cost businesses?

Symantec and McAffee are charging stupid prices for their products these
days. I could understand if MS told it's users they don't need those two
any more the users would drop them like a stone. Then we get to see just
how good the Vista self defence system really is.

Oh, sorry I forgot, we already know. Cracked kernel etc etc etc