[News] Linux Gets Easier and More Widespread

Running Kubuntu Edgy Eft

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux desktop-users may make up a small fraction of the total at
| present, but I agree with Mark Shuttleworth's comment that
| widespread adoption of Linux on the desktop is just a matter of time.
`----

http://www.ioltechnology.co.za/article_page.php?from=rss_IOLTechHome&iSectionId=2883&iArticleId=3575693

To confirm this, here's an article that was published today:

Computer costs down in global initiative

,----[ Quote ]
| The designers have also gambled in designing the laptop's software,
| which is based on the freely available Linux operating system, a
| rival to Microsoft's Windows. Dispensing with a traditional desktop
| display, the software substitutes an iconic interface intended to
| give students a simpler view of their programs and documents and
| a maplike view of other connected users nearby.
`----

http://www.nwanews.com/adg/Business/174881/

Still getting support in more countries where it's negotiated, despite
Microsoft's blatant anti-OLPC FUD.