Re: [News] "My Computer Will Never Boot Windows Again"

http://www.everydayisbetterthanthenext.com/2006/12/02/i-switched-to-linux/

> Once upon a time, these were unusual stories, people pushing the
> boundaries a little.  I recall when I first decided to stop supporting
> Windows on the network here (having got sick of having to maintain PCs
> on a weekly basis), and then everything got so easy.  Of course, back
> then, things probably weren't so slick as they are now, although even
> then, Linux installs were massively easier than Windows ones.  Since
> then, a whole range of applications have matured to a point where the
> linux desktop is so much more capable and slick than the Windows one
> that there's positively zero excuse for sticking with Windows.  The only
> thing Microsoft have left, now, is lock-in, and the funds for an
> enormous marketing campaign.

However, he installed on 1st Dec then the artical was published on 2nd Dec.
Which means he was very likely so thrilled at the new pretty desktop that
he dashed straight off to write the artical.

I would have much prefered him to write his praise after he has had a week
or so and a tutorial under his belt.