Re: [News] Microsoft Linux 10.2 Released, IP Tax Covered

__/ [ 7 ] on Sunday 03 December 2006 19:06 \__

> Ian Semmel wrote:
>

>> "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> [opensuse-announce] openSUSE 10.2 is done
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>
>> What is the point of your subject line ?
>>
>> If you are advocating linux, why should the involvement of MS (or any
>> other company) in some peripheral way change anything ?
>>
>> What it really says is that you have a obsessive/compulsive mental
>> disorder. The fact that the mere mention of the name microsoft upsets you
>> is a sure symptom.
>>
>> You have to realise that windows and linux are just computer operating
>> systems. Try taking a pill and lying down.

Insults aside (and, yes, I'd happily retract the subject line if I could),
don't be led to believe that Windows versus Linux is a fight between kernels
and/or operating systems. Each one comes with accompanying applications.
Each has a different paradigm. They have different codes of ethics.
Different development models (I'm a software engineer). They have economical
impact too (waste and preservation). The impact of computing is only
increasing and thugs that loathe competition have no place in this market.
The developed world could devolve into one with an economy that resembles
third-world countries and where counties (governments) are run by companies.
Don't mind? Then fine. Wait until Google, Yahoo and MSN profile you or until
Microsoft becomes a country with Passport (or its identity management and
baking plans). Monopoly/oligopolies lead to anarchy, suppression and dark
ages with no innovation (quality of life declines, classes are reset farther
apart).

> Windopz zealots need to answer.
> This is the stuff I hear on the ground.
>

> -----begin highly dubious article about windopz future--------
>
> Although they are supposed to be advocating Linux because micoshaft
> is now a distributor for SuSE Linux, the windopz zealots in the cola
> group spend most of their time talking about failure of Vista crapola
> instead of highlighting the benefits of switching to GNU/Linux.
> It must really have them worried.
> But you needn't listen to them or worry - you get loads of free copies
> of Linux liveCDs from here to try out
> http://www.livecdlist.com
> and see for yourself why micoshaft has switched.
>
> Its true micoshaft is abandoning its windopz users and seeking more
> Linux partners to try and get in on the act,
> butt, grieving windopz widows are getting all butty about this.
>
> Many of them are starting to show signs of a serious obsessive/compulsive
> disorder and need urgent medical help before it really starts to affect
> their lives after having paid.
>
> Phrases like
> "Linux has won"
> and
> "All your bases are mine"
> have windopz panicking in their pants about now.
> Worse, buying vista crap isn't going to save them.
> They can't run it onto normal machines and they are left with resorting
> to sneak it on to higher spec machines without management approval
> so that they can hoodwink management later into buying unnecessary
> higher spec more expensive machines.
> Linux doesn't have any of these problems.
> So management should be weary of windopz dummies
> asking for higher spec machines to run vista crap.
>

> -----end highly dubious article about windopz future--------

Are there 2 people called 7?  It's like there are good days and weird days.
*smile*

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Far away from home, robots build people"
Swap:  1036184k total,   332216k used,   703968k free,    63936k cached