Re: [News] Linux Magazine Xmas Shopping Guide

flatfish+++ wrote:
On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 19:55:13 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

The 2006 Holiday Shopping Guide

The Open source gift guide - Open source hardware, software and more for the
holidays

,----[ Quote ]
| There are hundreds of gift guides this holiday season filled with junk
| you can buy - but a lot of time you actually don't own it, you can't
| improve upon it, you can't share it or make it better, you certainly
| can't post the plans, schematics and source code either.
`----

Yea, but you and USE it and it actually WORKS.

Unlike Linux.

Give the Gift of Pre-Installed Linux This Year

And get your family and friends pissed off at you when their system is *different* and incompatible with the vast majority of other systems out there.

The Linux computer will more than likely end up in a closet all dusty and
unused.

Giving the Gift of Ubuntu Linux for Christmas?

,----[ Quote ]
| "This Christmas I have decided to give all of my friends and relatives
| Ubuntu Linux CDs from the Ubuntu ShipIt service. In addition, I plan to
| help them backup their old systems, install Ubuntu, and then introduce
| them to using Linux for their everyday tasks.
`----

Yea.... Good idea.....

I'd love to see their faces when they open the package and can't figure
out WTF Ubuntu is.
I'll bet most of them think it's either a DVD movie or CD audio and
attempt to play it in a player.

Sooner or later they might figure it out and then the fun really starts.

You better run and hide because when your friends and family destroy their
Windows partitions data trying to install brain dead Linux, you are going
to be numero uno on their hit list.

You've outdone yourself Schestowich..

Admit it, you're too stupid to run Linux.

Alias