[News] Microsoft Chooses Stadium to Hype Up Release

Microsoft's field of dreams

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft marketeers now have the problem of selling this whole new
| bag of tricks to the public, while telling them they can?t actually
| have it until the end of January. And yes, another, much more
| flamboyant launch is being planned. Maybe they can see if Wembley
| Stadium or the Millennium Dome is available. They both know a
| thing about big promises and long delays.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/11/30/vista_highbury/

How about releasing a good product for a change, rather than spend around a
billion dollar on marketing one item alone?

Also today, Microsoft takes over Web sites, television and magazines to
promote its propaganda-scale marketing campaign.

I'd hate to be the guy responsible for this mashup...

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://stephenvanterpool.blogspot.com/2006/11/id-hate-to-be-guy-responsible-for-this.html