Re: Why PS3 is the only Next Gen System

__/ [ Tim Smith ] on Tuesday 19 December 2006 18:08 \__

> On 2006-12-19, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> number of sales that the previous generation had recorded... more houses
>> can afford them... in the case of the PS3 it obviates the need for a
>> separable, standalone PC.
>
> Too much of what people do on their PCs requires privacy (email, chat)
> to work well, which is lacking using the TV in the living room as your
> display, so the PS3 only obviates the need for a standalone PC if you
> locate it where a standalone PC would live--the desk, the kid's
> bedrooms, etc.  Very few people are going to buy PS3s to stick in places
> like that.

Dude, not everyone does pr0n on the PC. Besides, TV's can be put on furniture
which enables it to be pulled next to a desk and serve the user pretty well.
Wireless keyboards seem standard for this type of setup, so it's even more
versatile than a laptop in the bedroom (screen size, space for peripherals,
remote control).

(note: my first sentence was very sarcastic; please don't misinterpet the
tone)

--
                        ~~ Kind greetings and happy holidays!

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Previous signature has been conceded
Mem:    514480k total,   484116k used,    30364k free,     5492k buffers