[News] 64-bit Vista Still an Oxymoron, IE7 Breaks Applications

Windows XP 64 is crap and things break and printers dont work and
quickbooks doesnt work the list goes on

,----[ Quote ]
| Morale (sic) of the story is - if you are using Microsoft products, stay
| away from the cutting edge - it sucks pretty bad.
`----

http://www.pintmaster.com/20061212/windows-xp-64-is-crap-and-things-break-and-printers-dont-work-and-quickbooks-doesnt-work-the-list-goes-on/
http://tinyurl.com/yguyum

Also in this blog:

IE7 Breaks Outlook 2003

,----[ Quote ]
| So, what did I do? I removed IE 7 from all of my users computers and
| faster than you can say "microsoft needs help", they were all
| printing Outlook emails with headers again.
|
| Im in the process of reviewing Office 2007 and Windows Vista,
| and it wont be much different than this review.
`----

http://www.pintmaster.com/20061212/ie7-breaks-outlook-2003/

Related:

64-bit Vista is the way to go

,----[ Quote ]
| After that, the focus will go strongly on 64 bit. We tried the RC2
| Vista 64 bit and learned that you can install everything, including
| Raid and Sound Blaster X-Fi but, despite 64 graphic drivers from
| Nvidia and ATI, many games wont even install or run on Vista 64
| bit. The industry expects that the big move will take place after
| Q2 2007, so when Vista starts standing on its feet.

Support for Microsoft Windows XP x64 Not Worth Anything

,----[ Quote ]
| Almost no one is supporting Microsoft Windows XP x64, the 64-bit
| version of Windows XP.
|
| There are no Antivirus programs that work with x64 and most
| applications won't work with x64 (unless they run the crippled
| 32-bit equivalent).
|
| Programs won't install printer drivers because, apparently, no one
| can figure out how to write a 64-bit printer driver.
|
| If Windows XP x64 has this much trouble with basic elements such
| as printer drivers, how can anyone expect the much maligned Windows
| Vista to be of any value?
|
| Frankly, my high opinion of Microsoft is quickly fading away, and
| my shop used to be a staunch Microsoft shop.
|
| Open Source alternatives are looking better and better every
| day.
`----

http://roacm.blogspot.com/

Are you being served?

,----[ Quote ]
| Like many Microsoft desktop users this week I clicked on the icon
| 'upgrade to Explorer 7'. Mistake. Outlook and Express disappeared.
| As did the Explorer multi-choice menu. Panic. Has it deleted all
| my emails?
`----

http://www.it-director.com/business/content.php?cid=9069&ref=fd_itd

Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) 7.0 Sucks!

,----[ Quote ]
| I know Microsoft's release of IE 7.0 is in beta, but I still didn't
| expect it to be such a big piece of crap and cause hours of misery.
|
| [...]
|
| What Microsoft hoped would help it win back Firefox "switchers" has
| done nothing but add one more to their growing ranks.
`----

http://www.marketingpilgrim.com/2006/02/microsoft-ie-70-sucks.html

Microsoft Releases First IE7 Update

,----[ Quote ]
| When visiting certain web pages, the Phishing Filter may increase
| CPU usage while evaluating the page contents and the system may
| become slow to respond.
`----

http://www.msfn.org/comments.php?shownews=19020

IE 7 Cautionary Tale

,----[ Quote ]
| After updating to the new browser, none of the computers
| could access QuickBooks, the CRM system or e-mail. The IT
| manager had to remotely administrator each machine, from
| the U.S. He turned back to a restore point a day earlier,
| undoing the chaos caused by IE 7.
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/web_services_browser/ie_7_cautionary_tale.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535
http://tinyurl.com/ycjw4k