[News] Linux Manages Digital Media Delivery, Including Microsoft's

Nice: Akamai Delivers

,----[ Quote ]
| Allow me to introduce you to Akamai Technologies,
| best described as the King Kong of the digital-media-delivery
| business. This Motley Fool Rule Breakers selection is up 169%
| so far during 2006.
|
| That's the power of competitive advantage at work. Akamai has
| spent the better part of eight years building and maintaining
| a global network of 20,000 servers that bring Web content and
| applications geographically closer to users.
|
| [...]
|
| Microsoft has been using Akamai for years to distribute
| Windows software patches...
`----

http://www.fool.com/investing/high-growth/2006/12/18/nice-akamai-delivers.aspx?source=eptyholnk303100&logvisit=y&npu=y
http://tinyurl.com/yh6sd3

Microsoft's Web sites also rely on Akamai (Linux). More broadly, Microsoft
Windows Live and MSN search are proof that Microsoft cannot build clusters
or supercomputers. It's also proof that Windows is not fit for that purpose.