Re: COLA has lost its way

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Tuesday 19 December 2006 08:31 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
> Peter Kai Jensen <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> Please tell me you dont equate the two?
>>
>> I see no reason not to.  Some of us choose not to hide behind the cloak
>> of Internet anonymity, so why not have our signature actually (*shock*
>> *horror*) tell people something about the person?

>>> Because a lot of posters have them.
>>
>> What a stupid argument.  Did you consider that it might be a standard
>> signature used all over Usenet?  Even if not, how is the commonness of a
>> title any reason not to display it in the signature?
>>
>>> And it is blatant showing off.
>>
>> Would it not be more "showing off", if the title was very uncommon?
>> Looks to me like you're just jealous of someone who actually has what it
>> takes to complete formal engineering education.  Unless you're a lot
>> more competent than your posts here indicate, you would barely pass.
>>

> I think that this point probably is getting to the bottom of things.
> Probably there's a view at Microsoft Central that if posters are
> displaying some professional qualifications, then it will add to their
> credibility.
>
> Let's try it out, and see if there's an improvement in quality of flames:
>
> Mark Kent
> Postgrad CertMngmt (Open University)
> BSc(Hons) Electronics with Physics
> MIET

As a short reminder, HQ once added CERN to his headers, despite having no
connection with them.

--
                        ~~ Kind greetings and happy holidays!

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Switch to GNU/Linux. < http://www.getgnulinux.org/

Tasks: 129 total,   2 running, 126 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie