Re: Microsoft's Shiils in Digg.com

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 04:23:22 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> __/ [ Tim Smith ] on Monday 18 December 2006 20:08 \__
>
>> On 2006-12-18, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> page. he submits a lot pro-Microsoft material. To those who claim I am
>>> unpopular on social bookmarking sites, I am actually ranked 9th in
>>> Netscape, among ~100,000 users. The trolls prefer to deny the facts and
>>> nitpick.
>>
>> By what metric?  Number of stories submitted?
>
> Number of votes, as well as overall rank.

Yeah, You've submitted 5159 stories to Netscape, and only recieved a total
of 7097 votes, or less than 1.5 votes per story.

Yeah.  If you vote for your own story just once, you're already 2/3 of the
way there.

Netscape's ranking system seems broken.  It only counts quantity, not
quality.  Someone submitting 100,000 stories with only 1 vote on each would
have the highest ranking of anyone.

And shall we look at the votes for your stories?

http://www.netscape.com/member/schestowitz/activity/stories/1/

4 votes, 2, 3, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 2, 2, 4, 3, 2, 2, 2....

Digg's ranking system is far more accurate, and it rates you:

http://digg.com/users/schestowitz/profile

Overall 39, with 9,340 diggs for 1,198 stories.  That's an average of less
than 9 diggs per story, with only 178, or 15% making it to the front page.

of the top 40 posters, only 6 have popular ratios worse than you, with some
as many as 100% and most in the 30-50% range.

To add insult to injury, there have been only 1041 comments to your
articles, meaning a little over 0.5 comments per article, which is about
your ratio here.  Comments are an indication of just how interesting
something is to people... anyone can click a "digg" button, but how many
people actually have something to say about it?