Re: Advocates: The Men and the Boys

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, JEDIDIAH
<jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Mon, 18 Dec 2006 15:15:21 -0600
<80dj54-4u1.ln1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On 2006-12-18, John Bailo <jabailo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Men:
>>
>> use real name
>> have web pages with personal information
>> have a defined geographical location from which the post
>
> [deletia]
>
> 	Is this a "men are idiots" meme?

Probably.  Certainly some of the radio commercials I've
heard lately make men out to be a bit moronic, with the
women being all "with it" explaining things to us.

(Of course that tends to put extra pressure on women.
But I digress.)

> 	Why expose yourself to the world of psychos that inhabit
> the net? That's just plain dumb.

For either gender.

> Let your rhetoric be your sole
> source of reputation. That's all that really matters anyways.

That, and a single moniker.  I am certainly not named The
Ghost In The Machine but have never bothered to nymshift
(and certainly don't plan to).

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Warning: This encrypted signature is a dangerous
munition.  Please notify the US government
immediately upon reception.
0000 0000 0000 0000 0001 0000 0000 0000 ...