Re: Microsoft Still Lobbies in Kerala (Linux State)

__/ [ Rex Ballard ] on Monday 18 December 2006 13:33 \__

> Hadron Quark wrote:
>> Greg Cox <gregc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> You probably ought to put the defensive shutters up now. There are
>> nutters in this group that would hang, draw and quarter you for being
>> involved with Microsoft.
>
> Hadron is right, we can be a pretty rabid bunch.  On the other hand, I
> do respect you for being very direct and up-front about your
> credentials.  It creates the opportunity to ask questions, and to
> listen to you with much more respect for your opinion.
>
> There are so many anonymous WinTrolls who claim to have the authority
> of Bill Gates himself in this news group, yet won't actually offer ANY
> credentials to help readers determine their credibility as a resource.
>
> Many Linux posters on the other hand, are quite up-front about their
> credentials, including their involvements in various projects.
>
> Welcome to the group, and I look forward to your continued
> contributions.

Well said. Transparency is the only way to back one's claim without proper
disclosure. As far as I can tell, some people in this newsgroup are on
Microsoft's payroll. Being anonymous does not help them. In fact, an
anonymous poster who spends a lot of time here is gaining nothing personal
at all, unless 'compensation' is involved. See my most recent post on
Microsoft folks in Digg.com. I might as well add that Diggnation has begun
taking funds (advertisements) from Microsoft... Zune, HDDVD and all that
malarkey...

--
                        ~~ Kind greetings and happy holidays!

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "How do I set my laser printer on stun?"
Tasks: 115 total,   2 running, 112 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie