Re: [News] Second Life and Linux

__/ [ John A. Bailo ] on Monday 18 December 2006 09:12 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Second life has a Linux client.
>
> Great news.  I have been waiting for that for a long time.  In fact, when I
> signed up about a year ago, I told them I wouldn't really use 2nd life
> until they produced a Linux client.
>
> I'm downloading it now.
>
> One thing I really want to inspect is the speed.
>
> On my Athlon 2400, 2GHz, 1G Ram it was barely useable on XP...and that was
> after dialing down all the graphics settings.

If needed, run it under a minimalist WM. IIRC you're using SLED/Opensuse,
which comes with plenty.

--
                        ~~ Kind greetings and happy holidays!

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: does exactly what it says on the tin
roy      pts/5                         Mon Dec 18 06:14 - 06:15  (00:00)