Re: Who reads every one of Roy's posts?

  • Subject: Re: Who reads every one of Roy's posts?
  • From: Tim Smith <reply_in_group@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 19:28:15 -0800
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
In article <cc2954-pi9.ln1@xxxxxxxxxx>, mrloy@xxxxxxxxx (Roy Culley)
wrote:
> Well I don't. If the subject interests me then I'll read it. I reckon
> Erik reads every one of Roy's posts. Look how soon he pounces on them.

And if Roy actually read the articles the posts link to, so that his
posts were not full of FUD, there would be much less to pounce on.

> As a long time subscriber to COLA I appreciate Roy's [News] posts. I
> don't spend my day surfing the web for interesting articles or
> subscribing to rss feeds. Roy does the filtering of the crud for what

In other words, you don't know how to use your tools effectively, and so
an inaccurate news source is an improvement for you?  If you would learn
how to use Linux tools effectively, you'd be able to stay well informed,
in less time than it takes to read Roy's posts, without the loss of
accuracy.

--
--Tim Smith