Re: Microsoft Still Lobbies in Kerala (Linux State)

__/ [ Doug Mentohl ] on Sunday 17 December 2006 18:47 \__

> on Sun 17 Dec 2006 18:22 Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 18:01:05 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>>> He said Microsoft executives were seeking to meet the state's chief
>>> minister this week. Kerala state is a potentially strong market for
>>> the company, with a population of 32 million and a 90.9% literacy
>>> rate - far above the national average of 68.4%.
>
>> Funny how you take one tiny paragraph of the entire article and make it
>> seem like the entire article was about Microsoft harassing someone.

My post concentrates on a particular observation, one among many which are
extremely tough to spot because it all happens 'underground', so to speak. I
share these with PJ and others who are 'digging for truth'. Just look at how
Microsoft stirred up trouble in Thailand and the Phillipines, along with its
sockpuppet the BSA, in a matter of just weeks. It tooks weeks for this to be
revealed and resurface, by all means in a very subtle fashion (no big
headlines and little in mainstream media, which is controlled by companies
and agendas).

Mr. Gates met bloggers last week. He did this for a reason. This phenomenon
where LAMP servers enables ordinary people to disseminate information. It
makes Microsoft executives sh*t their pants. Groklaw is a blog which
illustrates the dangers (or conversely the/ benefit/) of openness,
transparency, and the like of these community-ascribed traits. Nobody gets
away with corruption in an age of wide collaboration. Even corruption that's
10 or 20 years old can be unveiled thanks to the Web, an improves search
technology, and facilitation for rapid communication (E-mail and its open
form... sites and blogs).

Microsoft plays whack-a-mole with libre software and it would not take long
before it attempts to intercept our current efforts with the EDM in the UK
(86 MP's have signed it so far, which looks bad for BECTA and splendid for
FOSS in schools).

Enough time has been spent Kerala's move to Linux (this article's main focus
too), which is part of its smart people's decision to ban monopolistic
brands and businesses. Your derogatory followups that tackle character
rather than facts which lie therein are indication of a weakness. Your
misery is open to sight. You are not at all pleased to see your s**tty O/S
sinking as it falls victim not only to Freedom, but also to a competing
proprietary vendors from the West Coast. At the same time, the horns of the
thugs from Redmond are beginning to show, not only because of their actions
at present, but also because the past returns to haunt them.n

> How dare Schestowitz accuse Microsoft of harrasment of someone. I would
> have left that slip past until you pointed this out. You are an under
> appricated asset here in your decade long monitoring of this group.
> Live long and keep up the good work.
>
> The quote states that MS was seeking to meet the chief minister
> presumably to lobby on behalf of MS. The subject line accurately says
> the same thing. Where did Schestowitz or the article claim that the
> State Chief was being harrased by Microsoft or do you know something we
> don't. What other bits did he leave out that you would like to bring to
> our attention.

Thanks, Doug.

--
                        ~~ Kind greetings and happy holidays!

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "World ends in five minutes - please log out"
Tasks: 121 total,   1 running, 118 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie