what's the LRG connection ..

  • Subject: what's the LRG connection ..
  • From: "Doug Mentohl" <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 17 Dec 2006 10:24:53 -0800
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
on Sun 17 Dec 2006 16:22 Roy Schestowitz wrote:

"Niall: OK. Two questions. 1. Was Microsoft ever directly involved with
the SCO Group in their lawsuit against IBM, either through BayStar
Capital or others?"

.
.

"Bill: I don't know BayStar .. I don't know anything about it. Is SCO
still around? Are they still viable?"
--

Well back in May 2003 your company appariently 'bought' a Unix license
from SCO just after they announced they were sueing IBM for

"In addition, I had discussions with Kenneth Lustig, Microsoft's
managing director of intellectual property and Tivanka Ellawala .. I
met with Darl McBride of SCO ..We also discussed SCO's lawsuit with
David Boies", Lawrence R. Goldfarb