[News] When Aggressive Advertising Turns Into Defacing

Mentioned briefly before, but here are some high-res screenshots.

,----[ Quote ]
| Ok yeah I know, i understand marketing and they are going to sell their
| souls to highest bidder, but this shit is just REDICULOUS.
`----

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1133461

Microsoft is clearly desparate for attention. Its console is expected to lose
the battle, according to several (not Microsoft-funded) analysts.

Related:

Microsoft to make the most of a PS3-less Christmas

,----[ Quote ]
| Anyway, back to Microsoft's Christmas advertising blitz, the firm is
| quick to admit it?s an unusually high spend. "It's probably well in
| excess of double what we've typically spent on a Christmas," said
| Xbox marketing boss Stephen McGill to trade magazine MCV. "With Sony
| not being here and Nintendo coming in with limited stock the
| opportunity for us is pretty significant. Most of the £14 million
| will be spent on getting consistent TV airtime."
|
| So today's takeover of The Metro is clearly just the beginning.
| Expect to see Xbox 360 start dominating the TV ad space any day now.
`----

http://www.360-gamer.com/news.asp?id=125

How Much is Too Much?

,----[ Summary ]
| Microsoft says it will stick with Xbox. But with years of heavy losses
| behind it, the pressure's on for the gaming division to make good
`----

http://www.businessweek.com/innovate/content/oct2006/id20061013_283856.htm?campaign_id=rss_topStories
http://tinyurl.com/yxdr4j

Microsoft stoic despite massive losses