Re: Lawyers Show Jury That Bill Gates is Not a Nice Guy

  • Subject: Re: Lawyers Show Jury That Bill Gates is Not a Nice Guy
  • From: "Doug Mentohl" <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 16 Dec 2006 07:41:25 -0800
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
on Sat 16 Dec 2006 14:13 Roy Schestowitz wrote:

- quote -
From: greglo Mon Dec 16 09:53:41 1991
To: bradsi, davidcol, tomle
Cc: mackm
Subject: Re: Novell
Date: mon, 16 Dec 91 09:52:50 PST

1. the purpose is to map Fail into a reasonable error code that will be
correctly handled by windows apps

2. it would ship only with Win31 retail; no one could distribute
seperatly (although we'll probably make it available earlier to a few
key accounts such as American Airlines
.
.

| >From tomle Sat Dec 14 10:58:32 1991
| To: bradsi davidcol greglo
| Cc: mackm
| Subject: Re: Novell
| Date: Sat, 14 Dec 91 10:58:03 PST

I am still confused about the solution. How do we use this library. How
will this be use to circumvent Novell's panic on a return from rerty,
fail

.
.
| Tom
|| Here is the summary:
|| We could turn that into an installable driver which I would allow
apps to continue after encountering such an exror. We would then ship
this driver with Win31. we need not give this code to Novell nor give
them permission to redistribute it.

[PLAINTIFF'S EXIBIT 1146 Gordon v. Microsoft]
http://sco.tuxrocks.com/Docs/MC00-5994/Plaintiff/PLEX1146_0001.pdf