Re: UK IT slowing

__/ [ 7 ] on Friday 15 December 2006 21:13 \__

> UK IT slowing
> http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=36399
>
> Time to invest in GNU/Linux for companies and
> for IT suppliers to offer more choices
> through open source to save customers some
> money and remain competitive when times are getting harder.
>
> http://www.livecdlist.com
> http://www.distrowatch.com

Seen these reports the other day and tried to find a connection to Linux. The
only one I could find was the eradication of the middle tier in businesses.
It's the results of predatory behaviour that commonly involves lockins.
Either you're a titan/monopoly or a business that builds software for self.
That, of course, is where Open Source software comes into play.

--
                        ~~ Kind greetings and happy holidays!

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    $> wget -r -erobots=off http://www.*
 10:20pm  up 58 days  8:34,  7 users,  load average: 0.34, 0.73, 0.91