Re: [News] Buxfixing Release/Update for IE7 (Already)

begin  oe_protect.scr
> __/ [ Sinister Midget ] on Friday 15 December 2006 13:31 \__
>
>> On 2006-12-15, Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted
>> something concerning:

>>> What the fuck else does this mean then?:

>> Maybe this:
>>
>> http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,127564-pg,1-RSS,RSS/article.html
>>
>> It's not plural. But that claim, which you want to center on, can be
>> dismissed as a mistake on Roy's part. I make them all of the time:
>> 'but' becomes 'buy', 'it' becomes' 'ot', and whole sentences become
>> gibberish.
>>
>> We know you never make any mistakes, though. That's why we never hear
>> from you when we point them out. Like a recent mistake you didn't make
>> wherein you describe my machine as being a server based on your
>> criteria for showing MS machines can be servers with GUIs, media
>> players, games, graphics packages, browsers and so forth.
>
> Have no doubts. Erik proofreads him messages very, very, _very_ carefully. He
> takes his time. I once caught him replying to himself just to correct a
> minor typo (it shows up when people reply to him). He even searches the Web
> in order to gain information which makes him seem more knowledgable. Of
> course, he doesn't want you to know all that... he wants you to think he
> pulls these off the sleeve...

He still makes certain consistent grammatical and spelling errors,
though.  I can always recognise an Erik post because of these errors -
they're the kind which fall through spell-checkers with no problems
noted, although a /really/ good grammar checker might see them.

Power corrupts.  Absolute power is kind of neat.
		-- John Lehman, Secretary of the Navy, 1981-1987