Re: [News] Zune -- The Forgotten Gadget

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 03:25:43 +0000, High Plains Thumper wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> At Least Microsoft Still Has Vista.....
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Ad spending is up, people can't find other Zune users, and
>>| the device itself has now fallen out of the top ten all
>>| the way to spot #65 on Amazon's top sellers list of
>>| electronics.
>> `----
>>
>> http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/061214/22449_id.html?.v=1
>
> My daughter is not interested.  Zune has limited sites you can
> purchase music from, compared to other players.
>
>> Also caught this one...
>>
>> Peter Molyneux On Connecting With Computer Games
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Peter Molyneux has designed a number of classic computer
>>| games, including Fable, Black & White and Populous. His
>>| Lionhead Studios is now part of Microsoft.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.forbes.com/2006/12/10/peter-molyneaux-games-tech_
>> cx_de_games06_1212molyneaux.html?partner=yahootix
>>
>> They are taking over gamemekers and this can restrict
>> platform/console choice. This is not an isolated instance.
>
> It makes you wonder where the US Federal Trade Commission is.
> An independent game maker would make other ports, Apple and
> Linux if there is a market.  Buying out top makers limits
> competition.

If you are interested in addons, hooking it up to your car, all kinds of
little accesories, cases etc then there is nothing like the iPod.

Many automobile audio systems are iPod ready, not just a line level jack
but a data port.
If yours is not you can get adapters that will hook to your iPod and head
unit that will allow you to control the iPod from the head unit and
display song info on the screen of the car unit.

No other device has the support that the iPod has.
Nobody is even close.

However, if you just want a nice unit to play music on look at Sansa and
some of the others.

Like I said before, avoid the Creative Zen Vision M.

Look here:

http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/board/message?board.id=dap&message.id=133250