Re: Schestowitz (Linux) vs. flatfish (Windows)

__/ [ William Poaster ] on Thursday 14 December 2006 10:58 \__

> On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 03:24:30 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [ The Ghost In The Machine ] on Thursday 14 December 2006 00:35 \__
>>
>>> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Nedd Ludd
>>> <NeddLudd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>>>  wrote
>>> on Wed, 13 Dec 2006 17:51:30 -0500

>>> Maybe *you're* obsessed with *him*? :-P
>>
>> Why all these criticisms that try to convince me (or others for that
>> matter) that I'm mentally ill?
>
> Note they're only trolls who do this, & it's probably because you're
> drowning out their insignificant drivel.
>
>> Just to get people off my back, have a look at what I do elsewhere and
>> realise that I don't spent that much time around here. Two weeks ago I
>> was runnerup in the local mr. fitness contest, for example. I enjoy a
>> variety of activities, but the trolls would like to believe that I'm
>> some zombie. I can usually shrug it all off, but when Gary Steward
>> starts making up stories about being beating by the police, then that's
>> just libel. Should I even need to address these made up stories or just
>> let the slander carry on? The matter of fact is that people who invade a
>> Linux newsgroup to express their anger and upset people... well, /these/
>> are the people who are mentally-challenged.
>
> Absolutely!
>
>> They should seek anger management treatment, I think.
>
> It's quite likely, & I found this some time ago which, IMO, aptly
> describes some of the trolls in here:-
>
> Aside from those of low self-esteem or mental/emotional problems, who
> elevate themselves by demeaning others, (Note; isn't that what the Nedd
> Ludds, & others, of this world try to do? How many trolls have posted
> similar to what you quote above) I think the average Linux naysayer here
> (and in other groups) is really a very angry and frustrated Windows user,
> at least subconsciously, who attempts to relieve that anger and
> frustration by transferring it onto another OS, (Reminds you of any
> particular nymshifting troll?) one that is generally accepted by experts
> to be better than Windows in almost every way, by repeatedly ridiculing
> it.  The more anger with Windows, the more they ridicule Linux.
> Psychologists call this Anger Transference. -- Stefan Patric --

I think it's also the bully complex.

--
                        ~~ Kind greetings and happy holidays!

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Get the most out of your hardware. Get Linux.
  4:05pm  up 57 days  2:19,  7 users,  load average: 0.91, 0.80, 0.39