Re: [News] Microsoft and H-P Agree on Some Partnership...

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Wed, 13 Dec 2006 06:29:50 +0000
<116612244.RBokESn5ke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Microsoft, HP to announce agreement on Wednesday
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Microsoft Corp. and Hewlett-Packard Co. said they plan to announce
> | an "enterprise agreement" on Wednesday without disclosing any
> | details about the deal.
> `----
>
> http://in.today.reuters.com/News/newsArticle.aspx?type=technologyNews&storyID=2006-12-13T081444Z_01_NOOTR_RTRJONC_0_India-280098-1.xml
> http://tinyurl.com/yl34xr
>
> Whatever it is, I sure hope it doesn't involve Linux and that it isn't
> hostile (which I'm sure it will be, as usual).
>
> More details I could find are here:
>
> http://www.zdnetindia.com/news/software/stories/164477.html

Wonder what that'll do to their AlternateOS option.

http://www.hp.com/

Then Small and medium business, Desktops & Workstations.
Or one can click on

http://www.hp.com/sbso/busproducts_PCwkstn.html

In Desktops one can select a general category, then near
the top one can configure Window and alternate (either
FreeDOS or Linux, depending on price range).

Workstations are a little dodgier; Linux for Workstations
is at the lower right, but I'm having trouble finding
Workstations (such as xw4400) which can be sold without
WinXP.  They do sell an install kit, though.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
GNU and improved.