[News] Security Startup Chooses Linux

Firm rolling out open source SMB security appliance

,----[ Quote ]
| Start-up Metavize has renamed itself Untangle, and its executives say
| they are introducing a Linux-based appliance that provides about a dozen
| open source security applications, including antispam, antivirus and
| antiphishing programs for small to midsize businesses.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php/id;1035075154;fp;2;fpid;1

Wouldn't it be funny if you has a Windows-based antispam, antivirus and
antiphishing which soon got pwned and then relayed SPAM (Phishing included),
spread virus, and infected the very same network it was set to protect?

This reminds me of the Exchange server that we have here. It got infected by
a virus which deleted/corrupted the anti-virus software and brought mail to
a halt. Ironic.