Re: [News] User Dissatifaction with Microsoft and FLOSS Defections

  • Subject: Re: [News] User Dissatifaction with Microsoft and FLOSS Defections
  • From: "amicus_curious" <ACDC@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 17:55:34 -0500
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
news:1294871.nXulQMog6B@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> You still have choice
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Now time to sum up, if you feel you are not comfortable about
> | Microsoft business practices today and in the future then you
> | should know that you are lucky because right now you have choices,
> | you can either use FLOSS for your home computer or small business
> | and help yourself reduce costs and achieve more reliability, or
> | consider using Apple computers and their reliable Mac OS X, or
> | simply give Linux a try and see what all the hype is about.
> `----
>
> http://libreinfo.wordpress.com/2006/12/30/you-still-have-choice
>
> Very well-balanced.

Very much the inane OSS mantra, in my opinion.  To summarize, Microsoft
provides overpriced junk that is barely functional and not very impressive
when compared to the free software provided by the dedicated geniuses who
create and support it.  Sadly, Microsoft obtained a complete monopoly on the
market and so the fact that their products are no good is hidden from the
man in the street.  Only the few independent thinkers who have united behind
the OSS banner are mentally capable of choosing the best.  But a new day is
dawning and soon all will be right with the world as soon as Microsoft
manages to alienate all of their customers.