Re: Looks like Roy is once again infringing copyrights...

  • Subject: Re: Looks like Roy is once again infringing copyrights...
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 14:51:52 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Sinister Midget ] on Sunday 31 December 2006 14:14 \__

http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2006/12/28/time-to-rething-waste-culture-amid-global-warming/

>> Once again Roy is in flagrant disregard of copyright, and is doing so in
>> more than one way.
>
>> From the BBC's own site:
>>
>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/terms/
>>
>> "The names, images and logos identifying the BBC, BBC Worldwide or third
>> parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design
>> rights and trade marks of the BBC, BBC Worldwide Limited and/or third
>> parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring
>> by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right to use any
>> trademark, patent, design right or copyright of the BBC, BBC Worldwide
>> Limited, or any other third party."
>>
>> Also:
>>
>> "You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast,
>> transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use bbc.co.uk content
>> in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also
>> agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any bbc.co.uk
>> content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of
>> bbc.co.uk content requires the prior written permission of the BBC."
>
> Did you get permission to reproduce that? Is this "your own personal,
> non-commercial use" or are you doing this on behalf of someone or some
> thing that brings monetary renumeration to you?
>
>> So let's review the violations, shall we?
>
> 1) Erik violated that which he wants to accuse others of violating.

FWIW, AdSense isn't anywhere near being able to cover the hosting bill. And
you never see me compalining about the people who 'steal' my images. Google
Images refers about 1000 people to this domain every day. I can only imagine
they are coming to grab some graphics (at least those who don't HotLink).