Re: Looks like Roy is once again infringing copyrights...

__/ [ Erik Funkenbusch ] on Sunday 31 December 2006 09:49 \__

http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2006/12/28/time-to-rething-waste-culture-amid-global-warming/

> Once again Roy is in flagrant disregard of copyright, and is doing so in
> more than one way.
>
> Notice he's using a picture stolen from the BBC, which he has modified in
> addition to using the BBC trademark.
>
> From the BBC's own site:
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/terms/
>
> "The names, images and logos identifying the BBC, BBC Worldwide or third
> parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design
> rights and trade marks of the BBC, BBC Worldwide Limited and/or third
> parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring
> by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right to use any
> trademark, patent, design right or copyright of the BBC, BBC Worldwide
> Limited, or any other third party."
>
> Also:
>
> "You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast,
> transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use bbc.co.uk content
> in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree
> not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any bbc.co.uk content
> except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of
> bbc.co.uk content requires the prior written permission of the BBC."
>
> So let's review the violations, shall we?
>
> 1) He's copied and reproduced copyrighted works without permission.
> 2) He's altered (or created a derived work) from a copyrighted work, again
> without permission.
> 3) He's used BBC tradmarks without permission, not to mention reproduced
> them and appears to be trying to confer BBC sanctioning of his works.
> 4) He's doing all this for commercial profit, as he recieves ad revenue
> from the pages.
> 5) He's making it seem like an article, published on a different site, is
> connected to the BBC.
>
> One would have thought he'd have learned his lesson from the last debacle,
> but no... Roy willfully violates copyright laws at his whim.
>
> That's Roy "Do as I say, not as I do" Schestowitz - Pirate for you.

That's Erik "drama drama drama" Funkenbusch.

Grow up please. The BBC was acknowledged when I, as a 22 year old, first put
up such images in a new blog (shortly afterwards moving to
http://www.sxc.hu/ ) . Here. Let me help you.

http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2005/01/06/a-lazy-boy/

OMG! What a thief.