Re: [News] The Real Motive for the Novell/Microsoft Deal

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Sunday 31 December 2006 00:52 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> Techsmart's Picks Outpaced the Broader Markets in 2006
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Then there was Microsoft's odd about-face. It partnered with
>>| long-time nemesis -- and Red Hat rival -- Novell. I believed
>>| the move was a thinly veiled plot to knock Linux leader Red
>>| Hat down a few pegs.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.smartmoney.com/Techsmart/index.cfm?story=20061228&afl=yahoo
>>
>> Doesn't sound as though it's about selling Linux or improving
>> interoperability.
>
> It was the bonuses for the board, I think.

Yes, and Shane discovered about other executives who got bonuses and a
payrise. It was those who supported the notorious deal...

Hey, good news. I have an interview with Jeremy Allison. Keep on eye on the
site.

--
                        ~~ Kind greetings and happy holidays!

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Quote when replying in non-real-time dialogues"
Mem:    514480k total,   483860k used,    30620k free,    23904k buffers